Available from Tokio Marine HCC - Specialty Group
Event Cancellation insurance protects revenue or expenses from an event against cancellation, postponement, curtailment, relocation or abandonment of the event for reasons beyond the control of the event organizer. Some of these reasons might include:
• Severe Adverse Weather
• Venue Unavailability
• Threat or Acts of Terrorism and Communicable Disease Outbreaks
Specialty Group can provide event cancellation insurance for many events in the U.S., Europe and throughout the world. Our binding authority with Lloyd's of London and strategic alliances with top-rated U.S. carriers enable us to handle the insurance needs of these events, having hundreds of millions of dollars at risk.
Summary of Coverage:
• Based on gross revenue or expenses for the event
• Optional coverages may include acts or threats of terrorism, communicable diseases and nuclear/biological/chemical terrorism
• Coverage for trade shows, conventions, expositions, meetings and seminars can be handled through our TotalEvent® Online quoting system and are subject to a $150 minimum premium.
• Coverage for trade shows, conventions, expositions, meetings and seminars can be handled offline as well, and are subject to a $1,500 minimum premium.
• Coverage for all other types of eligible events is subject to a $2,500 minimum premium.
Vice President, Contingency Underwriting